- Consisting of two RTG lectures and the RTG colloquium.
- Taking place biweekly, alternating between Heidelberg and Karlsruhe.
- Introduction of the PhD students to the core areas of the RTG.
- A progression form broader to more specialized lectures.
- Held by RTG-PIs or experts on a long-term visit
- Once a semester with a duration of 2-3 days.
- Organized by the PhD students.
- PhD students present their research results to each other.
- PhDs, postdocs and PIs participating.
- Taking place once a year for two full days.
RTG placement program
- Encouragement and support to spend a longer research stay (one to three month) in a research group at a different location.
Participation at international PhD schools, workshops and conferences
- Encouragement and support to actively participate at PhD schools, workshops and conferences.
- Enhancement of the international visibility of the PhD in the research community.
- Organisation of one- or two-days key skill seminars to complete the scientific qualification of the PhD students.
- In cooperation with the Karlsruhe House of Young Scientists (KHYS), the National Institute of Science Communication (NaWik), and the Graduate Academy in Heidelberg.