Diverse Aspects of Groups, Geometry and Dynamics
This conference is organized by the RTG Asymptotic Invariants and Limits of Groups and Spaces. Our goal is to bring together early career researchers from different areas within groups, geometry and dynamics. The conference will include three minicourses and several research talks and will take place in the Mathematikon at Heidelberg University. Due to limited capacity, registration is required.
For this particular event we are aiming at supporting women and, more generally, people of marginalized genders and gender identities as speakers. In accordance with the Statement of Inclusiveness, this event will be open to everybody, regardless of race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, pregnancy, immigration status, or any other aspect of identity.
- Viveka Erlandsson, University of Bristol, UK
- Anne Parreau, Institut Fourier, Université Grenoble Alpes, France
- Yulan Qing, University of Tennessee at Knoxville, USA
- Johanna Bimmermann, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany
- María Cumplido Cabello, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
- Arielle Leitner, Weizmann Institute of Science and Afeka College of Engineering, Israel
- Rylee Lyman, Rutgers University–Newark, USA
- Marta Magnani, Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg, Germany
- Sara Maloni, University of Virginia, USA
- Silvia Sabatini, Universität zu Köln, Germany
- Sheila Sandon, IRMA, Université de Strasbourg, France
- Neza Zager Korenjak, University of Texas at Austin, USA
The tentative schedule can be found here:
Titles and Abstracts
Titles and Abstracts can be found here.
List of Participants
The current list of registered participants can be found here.
- The conference starts on Monday, September 18, 2023, at about 10am and ends on Wednesday, September 20, 2023, at about 5pm.
- The conference venue is Heidelberg University, in the Mathematikon. Please enter via the street "Im Neueneimer Feld", near the tram station "Bunsengymnasium".
- Registration takes place in the basement of the Mathematikon, please follow the signs to get there. Talks will be in the Hörsaal, ground floor.
- The conference has limited capacity, registration is closed.
- We have pre-booked a limited number of rooms. Participants can request a pre-booked room in the registration form. The organizers will contact you in due time after registration closes.
- We may be able to offer limited financial support for participants.
- We will have a reception on Monday evening and a conference dinner on Tuesday evening.
- Warning: Some participants have received an email from travellerpoint.org related to accommodation. This is a scam. Do not respond to these messages!
The conference is funded by the RTG 2229, Asymptotic Invariants and Limits of Groups and Spaces and the CRC 191, Symplectic structures in geometry, algebra and dynamics.